Thursday, August 15, 2013

Choujigen Game Neptune: The Animation Ep.1 - First Impression


This was actually one of the few series I was interested this season. Having played the video game, and enjoyed it, does the anime hold up? Well.....

Kinda... Now I've only seen the first episode but if it sets the pace for the rest of the series, then I'm pretty sure I won't be wowed by it, however the series is still young so maybe it'll pick up momentum still. Nothing really makes it stands out from other series similar to it, but the art sure is pretty. So the story I'm familiar with, but with those who are I'll just put up a synopsis.

This is Gamindustri. Beings called the Goddesses rule the countries of this unreal world. The four Goddesses govern four states: Planeptune, Lastation, Lowee, and Leanbox. For many long years, these countries fought each other over the Shares, the source of the Goddess power.

However, fearful that the conflict would pointlessly erode their countries' strength, the Goddesses signed a Friendship Treaty forbidding them from taking Shares by force.

Under the treaty, the Goddesses and their younger sisters took a step forward to a new stage in their relations. It was the dawn of a new, dynamic era marked occasionally by shared laughter, disputes as well cooperation.

What does the future hold in store for Gamindustri?  (source from MAL)


At first I was so excited to see how they would open the series..... Least to say I was a little surprised by....


....Purple Heart.... Why aren't you in your armor? Or in a top for that matter? Now don't get me wrong, I don't really mind fan service, or a little skin showing, but at least save it for after introducing the characters... Other than that, I do like her design now let's see the others.


..... Really....Black Heart.. Really....


Well not much to say here lol. But she is my fav character~  And loving the dress~


Green Heart looks so lovely. Didn't really have issues with her dress, but then they gave her boob physics...... And yes this is how she stands and is shown throughout the first episode. With her arm under her boobs, to jiggle them from time to time...

I'm not gonna go through the all the other characters because that would make this a longer post, and because I haven't played through all the games yet otl. But each character pretty much seems the same as their game counterparts. Now the fighting in the anime was actually really well done. I'm hoping to see all of their special moves at one point in the series, especially Purple Heart final move. So will I continue~ YES~~ While I have my issues with it, it's still a fun, light-hearted adventure that I can watch in between other series releases. Plus I've grown attached to the Neptunia series as a whole.


Bonus picture cause Nepgear is just too cute~ Neptune you turning into a real pervert, and I approve~

No comments:

Post a Comment