Sunday, October 12, 2014

All the Sailor Moon feels~

So I've seen my fair share of Sailor Moon. Growing up with the funi version of Sailor Moon, reading the manga, watching the live action, and watching most of the Japanese uncut version, to the current Crystal version. SO let's break down a quick feels on each, granted Crystal will be updated when I'm finished with it. Which may be a while LOL.



So first of we have the Classic!






Now this series right here was my childhood! Even followed me to some of my high school years. (rewatch value lol) And really what can I say other than I loved it! Girls kicking butt, while being all shoujo sparkly cute? I'm in!!! Even if some of the message got lost in translation, this series was my introduction to all things anime ahaha. Not sure if it was my first, but it was defiantly one of the big ones that influenced me, and my personality for a good chunk of my life. Jupiter was a huge role model to me, and I loved everything about the girl. All the good and the bad. Until Saturn came in and I dunno I just kinda latched onto her, probably because I was able to relate to her more lol. This series also dealt with a lot of real life issues, which made me love the series all the more. Even if some weren't handled very well.... I'll always hold this series near and dear to my heart.


Next we have~
 

The live action!! I know, I know, pretty awesome right? No seriously any sailor moon fan I would recommend to go watch it, like now!.... Seriously, give it a chance, I'll guarantee by the evil arc you will be invested in these characters. I didn't expect to keep watching this to be honest, like after the first couple eps I was kinda meh about it. But as I kept watching, I was seeing all these character developments, and they were done WELL! Each girls had her own struggle to overcome, and the other girls were more than willing to lend them their support. And wow the story!! Like WOW, I'm not gonna spoil anything, but really go see it. I feel saying anything more will spoil it all ahaha. It does have it's cheesy moments, and the girls do their best with the fights. Kudos to all the ladies fighting in heels! This live action one goes through the first arc of sailor moon, so no Rini thank god!


Now we have!!





The Lovely Manga! by the amazing lady Naoko Takeuchi! This manga made me fall head over heels with there series. Everything was spot on, the characters, the action, the story, even the romance! I loved it all, and wished so hard how the anime could have been like this. More about that later laughs. But this along with Sailor V, started it all. I read this I wanna say after highschool? So my likes and dislike changed when it came to manga, and anime. I was more critical, and only read certain genres. There really wasn't any magical girl series I was into at the time, so I decided to read the manga finally. I regretted not reading it sooner. I had the first manga, but I never kept up with it and I could kick myself for it! If you want independent women being bamf, look no further. I feel like older series got character development down pretty well, and this manga is no exception. Watching these girls grow from beginning to end, is such an enjoyable ride that you never want to get off. But sadly all rides some to an end, this one leaves you feeling satisfied and maybe asking some questions about yourself, and how you've grown over the years.



This isn't as fair but thought I would give my thought about the new Sailor Moon: Crystal so far~



Do I like the new series? 
Yes I do~

However~~~ There are some things that I have nitpicked on it. It's good to take off your nostalgia goggles for this one, unless you wanna nitpick like me lol. Eveything is pretty, too pretty, like omg I'm sorry but all the things can not be that pretty. All the boys be looking too pretty, not that I mind, but at last in the older version they looked more like men than pretty young boys. They did my girl Jupiter proud so I'm happy LAUGHS. I also feel like Usagi isn't Usagi enough? Like she doesn't overreact as much, or have the extreme facial expression because of all the pretty. It's a little sad, though they have been working on it. I'm loving the characters, and Rei!~ Just Rei!~ I love that girl and her man hate ahaha. Not so much hate, just she doesn't want or need someone in her life like that atm. But yeah, I'm looking forward to how close they are gonna follow the manga~


AND~~~ That pretty much ends my rant. For better or worse, I love all of the Sailor Moon incarnations in different ways, each one has their own story and message to say. Each deserves a chance to be watched and enjoyed in their entirety, as they still hold up even today.



Just gonna end on another new Sailor Moon art~

No comments:

Post a Comment